With the recent release of COVID-19 vaccines, we’ve seen an increase in apps that generate health passes used to enter buildings and access in-person services based on testing and vaccination records. To ensure these apps responsibly handle sensitive data and provide reliable functionality, they must be submitted by developers working with entities recognized by public health authorities, such as test kit manufacturers, laboratories, or healthcare providers. As with other apps related to COVID-19, we also accept apps submitted directly by government, medical, and other credentialed institutions.
Submitting health pass apps
More from ScienceMore posts in Science »
- 2021 Hyundai Elantra review: A tech-filled, sharp-dressed looker – Roadshow
- Tom Cruise deepfake creator says public shouldn’t be worried about ‘one-click fakes’
- Reminder: APNs provider API requirement starts March 31
- 2021 Dodge Durango SRT 392 review: A big, comfy, 475-hp couch – Roadshow
- HBO Max review: Great TV and theatrical movies, but not the best streaming value – CNET